Author: Emily Arnold McCully
Illustrator: Emily Arnold McCully
Awards: Caldecott Medal book (1993)
Topics: picture book, tightrope walkig, Paris, France, persistence, fear, balance, historical fiction
Summary: In late 1800s Paris, Mirette learns to tightrope walk from celebrated tightrope artist Monsieur Bellini.
- Mirette on the High Wire from Wikipedia
- Tightrope Walking. Try it! Can you tightrope walk?
- Science of Tightrope Walking. How does it work? Why are you able to balance on a tightrope? Why do people use their hands? Explore balance, motion, and gravity. Create an experiment.
- Mirette on the High Wire from Scholastic
A book discussion guide
- Mirette on the High Wire from Beacon Lesson Plan Library
- Mirette on the High Wire from TheHomeSchoolMom
- Multiculture Autiobio Poem from Electronic Magazine
- Balance and Motion
Do a Thinkfinity search for lessons related to this book.