Author: David Wiesner
Illustrator: David Wiesner
Publisher: Clarion Books
Awards: ALA Notable Children's Book, Caldecott Honor book (2000)
Topics: wordless, clouds, fantasy, empire state building, imagination, art & architecture
Summary: While on a school trip to the Empire State Building, a boy is taken by a friendly cloud to visit Sector 7, where he discovers how clouds are shaped and channeled throughout the country.
- Sector 7 from Houghton Mifflin
Summary, reviews and awards. Images from the books
- Sector 7 from Wikipedia
- Clouds from 42explore
Empire State Building
- All About Skyscrapers from PBS
- Empire State Building - Official Website
- Empire State Building from Wikipedia
- Empire State Building While Under Construction from NYPL Digital Gallery
- Empire State Building from Library of Congress
- Cloud Maker. Design your own cloud using computer software or paper. Or, use the Cloud Dreamer to build your own.
- Write the Story. Sector 7 is a wordless book. Write your own words to go with the book. Or, choose a page and write a poem to go with the page.
Do a Thinkfinity search for lessons related to this topics in this book including clouds and architecture.