Technology and Multiple Intelligences - Naturalist
These "nature" people
learn best through the interactions with the
including outdoor activities, field trips,
and involvement with plants and animals.
They see the subtle meanings and patterns
in nature and the world around them. They
are able to adapt.
Roles: They could enjoy field trips that involve observation and recording the world around them.
- Audio and video cameras - record natural world
- Digital cameras - record natural world, field trips
- Word processing - journaling, natural information
- Data organization and calculation (database, spreadsheet) - observations
- Desktop presentations (Powerpoint) - show tends and changes over time
- Use microscopes and probes - nature up close
- Geocaching - GPS
- A new intelligence is existentialist.
- These "wondering" people learn best through seeing the "big picture" of human existence by asking philosophical questions about the world. Technology tools include email, chat, listservs, teleconferencing, and other interactive communication tools to help students address their questions.